I cant watch youtube vids, listen to music from some sites or videos from FB or anywhere else. Help!
I cant watch youtube vids, listen to music from some sites or videos from FB or anywhere else. Help! I have read some of the help answers but the Flash settings change hasnt helped me. I am on tumblr, soundcloud, Fb etc and Im frustrated that I cant play music or watch videos without switching to IE or AOL. :(
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Picasa plugin
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 103
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Unity Player 2.5.4b3
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
First off, you are on a VERY out of date version of Firefox, which could be the problem, but is also leaving you wide open to attack from many different security holes. You first thing to do is to go to www.getfirefox.com, download the newest version to your computer and install it.
AFTER doing that, do the following:
Run all Windows Updates, install all needed service packs, etc.
Update your graphics driver (Firefox uses your graphics card for some rendering, and an out of date graphics card driver can cause problems. Upgrade your graphics drivers to use hardware acceleration and WebGL
Update all your plugins (Flash, Java, etc.): http://www.mozilla.org/plugincheck/.
and finally, if you still are having trouble, reset Firefox. Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings