This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Getting Weird Bug every once a while on Firefox browser..
I noticed the first thing I log on Firefox after turning on the Computer the top menu grey out (lock out sort of) so I'm unable to scroll the browser down or up unless I hit the left mouse button, its isn't a big deal. To get what I'm talking about when you're on Firefox browser move your mouse cursor down to the taskbar, click the taskbar with left mouse button.. See that? Noticed how top menu and the rest grey out (locked out) and you couldn't move the arrow key up or down (move the browser down or up as you're reading the news etc?) till you hit the mouse button to be able to move and the grey out is now white?
The thing is this been going on like every once few hours whenever I pause for few second or about to scroll down it does that.. I noticed when its about to grey out (locked out) the icon in far right bottom kinda of flicking..you can barely see it and that when the top menu bar grey out (lock out).. I don't know if it was checking to see if add on need update, but it doesn't do that every few hours, I assumed only once a day it check for update on addon, I'm assuming the icon at far right lower are checking for update.. but I don't think that it.
I can't say when it really start doing it, probably few month ago? I'm sure its not been a year, its more of like 2 or 4 month ago..
I don't think I got virus or spyware, since I got anti-virus sheild and other protection.. and use the other advance protection software to check for the files few time there none.
Have anyone experiences this? Surely I can't be alone!?!? =0
All Replies (1)
The Refresh feature (called "Reset" in older Firefox versions) can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your bookmarks, history, passwords, cookies, and other essential information.
Note: When you use this feature, you will lose any extensions, toolbar customizations, and some preferences. See the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article for more information.
To Refresh Firefox:
- Open the Troubleshooting Information page using one of these methods:
- Click the menu button , click help and select Troubleshooting Information. A new tab containing your troubleshooting information should open.
- If you're unable to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- At the top right corner of the page, you should see a button that says "Refresh Firefox" ("Reset Firefox" in older Firefox versions). Click on it.
- Firefox will close. After the refresh process is completed, Firefox will show a window with the information that is imported.
- Click Finish and Firefox will reopen.
Did this fix the problem? Please report back to us!