Why do 2 tabs show in Firefox when it opens?
Firefox browser is showing 2 tabs on startup. My homepage tab which is set in Tools/General and is suppose to show.
Then there is a second tab. It is Tools/Options tab. The tools/options tab is not suppose to show.
Only my homepage is suppose to show. How do I stop the second, Tools/Options, tab from appearing at browser startup?
I have attached an image of the startup protocol for Firefox.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.13
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.65.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
Look at your picture. The entry for preferences is at the end. Do you see the | Remove everything after Google.com
Hi, it is possible to have more than one tab open on start-up, so in Options > General (Home Page), you need to delete everything apart from the Google address, so in your case you should delete |about:preferences#general since that is the address of the Options page.
More - How to set the home page.
If your question is resolved by this or another answer, please take a minute to let us know. Thank you.