This article explains how to set the page that opens when you launch Firefox, click the Home button or open a new window.
Table of Contents
Set or change your home page
- Open the web page you want to use as your home page.
- Drag and drop that tab onto the Home button
on your toolbar (it's on the left side by default).
- Click on the prompt to set this page as your home page.
Set your home page through Firefox optionspreferences
- Click the menu button and select . .
- Click the
- Click the menu next to Homepage and new windows and choose to show the default Firefox Home page, custom URLs or a blank page.
Set multiple pages as your home page
You can set a group of pages as your home page. Open each page in a separate tab, select
We have solutions:
- If you keep getting the "Firefox has just updated" tab every time Firefox starts, see the article Firefox says it's just updated every time it starts - how to fix.
- If your home page settings are not saved, see How to fix preferences that won't save.
- If you can't see the Home button, have a look at Customize Firefox controls, buttons and toolbars.
- If your home page was hijacked or automatically changed, see Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home page.
- If a page keeps opening even after you've removed a third-party toolbar and restored your home page, see Wrong home page opens when I start Firefox - How to fix.
- An extension may be controlling your home page. For more information, see An extension changed my New Tab page or home page.