This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox window UI is tiny on MacBook Pro retina screen
I have Firefox 33.1.1 installed on a 13" MacBook Pro with retina display, and the UI is always tiny when viewing on the in-buillt retina screen. I often have the MacBook plugged into an additional 27" Dell display and firefox looks fine on this display, but when moving the same window on to the retina screen, it redraws like the attached screenshot. If I don't have the external display plugged in at all, and open Firefox after a restart, the same issue still occurs.
Example screenshot is uploaded here: http://imgur.com/WpCIMGN
All Replies (3)
I've called the big guys to help you. Good luck.
There are two things that can be tried:
- Reset the zoom feature from the Firefox Menu (Ctrl+0 (that is a zero) should reset it, )
- To make things bigger, press Ctrl and + at the same time.
- To make things smaller, press Ctrl and - at the same time.
- To reset the size back to normal, press Ctrl and 0 at the same time.
- Do you clear the cache on quit? If so the zoom percentage may not be saved because it is only remembered for the current session.
Also make sure that its not an add on, by starting Firefox in Safe Mode Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode
1. This is a Mac, so it'd be Cmd+0 instead of Ctrl+0. It's not a zoom issue; I can use the zoom functionality fine, and as I say everything appears correctly in the non-retina screen. This issue only affects a window on the retina screen. If I use the zoom in a problem window, the content zooms in as normal, but the issue with the UI stays the same.
2. I don't clear the cache on quit, no.