This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I cannot find nor seem to turn on the Firefox 'button' It should not be this hard to find the darn thing!
I've disabled the menu button I've tried starting Firefox by making a copy of the desktop shortcut and choosing the properties. Where F is this GD button? It should not be this hard
All Replies (3)
What button exactly are you trying to find? If it's the orange Firefox button, that button has been removed and replaced by the 3 bar menu located at the far right of the toolbar where the Address and Search boxes are at.
In Firefox 29 the "Firefox" button has been replaced with the new menu button. You can learn more about the changes here - Learn more about the design of the new Firefox version 29
If you still want the old style Firefox button you can use an add-on to bring it back. More info here - How to make the new Firefox look like the old Firefox
Are you using the Classic Theme Restorer extension?
- Classic Theme Restorer: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/
- You can check out the settings of the CTR extension via its Options/Preferences button on the "Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions" page.
- You can find extra toolbar buttons and more toolbar settings in Customize (3-bar Firefox menu button > Customize)
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
You can check for problems caused by a corrupted localstore.rdf file.