Ever since I updated the pages are much bigger
Since I updated yesterday the web pages are much bigger and ajusting the font sizes doesnt help
Additional System Details
- Conduit Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
I appreciate volunteers that have made Firefox a go to browser and thank you for your work. However, the bug(s) in v.22 (my problem is the same as others are having, web pages/text all got much bigger when I applied v.22. Is there an estimated timeline for an update (v23??) that will fix this bug/problem??
This is the first "stumble" I have seen from Firefox team that required me to "look" on forum for help. It is not nearly as user friendly as other forums I use (probably reflecting more technical nature of volunteers) so I don't know where answer to my question will appear. If possible could someone e-mail answer or link?
I agree that Firefox could have handled this change better. This forum is not however a social site or for discussing development decisions all we try to do is solve users problems.
Link to this thread is
This bug (Bug 816709 - (metro-hidpi) enable HiDPI for content and chrome in metrofx ) was in fact an intentional change. I doubt it will be reversed. Whether or not any alternative methods of controlling this will be brought out I do not know, I am not personally trying to follow this issue.
The Firefox versions usually come out every six weeks. Looking at my copy of Firefox 25 I see no change in this.
You may find one of the developers forums where a discussion of this subject is considered on topic
The current standard answer by the way for anyone else reading this is
You can adjust your screen resolution. To modify it do the following:
- Type about:config into the Firefox address bar and tap on the Enter key.
- If the warning This might void your warranty appears, click I'll be careful, I promise.
- Search for layout.css.devPixelsPerPx
- Double-click on layout.css.devPixelsPerPx to modify its value. The default is -1.0 in Firefox 22 and above. Change it to 1.0 to make it work like in previous Firefox versions.
If necessary, further adjust the value in 0.1 or 0.05 steps. Use values between 1.0 and about 0.5 to reduce elements in size. Use values greater than 1.0 to increase size. For example, a value of 1.25 will increase font size to 125% to accommodate the default DPI setting in Windows 8. Double check the value that you enter. Setting a too small value will make everything disappear and a too large value will blow things up.
To adjust the font size for the user interface, you can use the Theme Font & Size Changer extension.