Search bar always brings up Swagbucks search.
I have removed Swagbucks toolbar from my computer and from firefox addons. However, when I use my firefox search bar, which shows google as the default search engine, it pulls up my query on the swagbucks.com search website. It doesn't matter which search engine I use, they always come up as a swagbucks search. I cannot figure out how to remove it. I have used various adware/malware removal tools, and nothing has changed the problem.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.7
- Google Update
- Unity Player 4.1.2f1
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Picasa plugin
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2060
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
Hello bbstucki, use the SearchReset add-on, the add-on resets your search preferences and home page to their default values, and then uninstalls itself. This affects the search bar, URL bar searches, and the home page.