Swagbucks keeps showing up even after I removed it from the Add-Ons.
I installed the Swagbucks Toolbar & it took over my iGoogle search engine for FireFox. Iwent to the Add-Ons & Extensions & removed the Swagbucks/Conduit Add-Ons BUT it is not really gone. Everytime I try to go to Goolge the Swagbucks web-site pops up. I NEED to know how to COMPLETELY remove Swagbucks from my FIreFox..??..
I would like to add that my iGoogle web-page will not show my Gadgets since the Swagbucks ha taken over.
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Logitech Harmony Remote Plugin
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
Removed Add-Ons from FireFox tools, but they are still poping-up & interfering with my Browser.
I just figured this one out and it worked for Firefox 5.0. First, I removed everything from the extensions/add-ons that had to do with Swagbucks. Then, in the toolbar search bar itself, I used the drop down menu next to the Swagbucks logo and selected managed search engines; swagbucks; then selected remove. It seems to have worked, since I've restarted and it has not come back yet.