when i click on a link how can i get it to open in a new tab?
my firefox used to open my links with a new tab but not sure what happened and it stopped doing that. when i google something and i click on a link it just redirects that same tab to the link and i want it to open a new tab. How can i get it to do that again?
Make use of this AddonRead this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Plus Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Make use of the Following Steps.
- Firefox Menu - Tools > Options > TAB
Make sure the following are checked
- open new windows in a new tab instead
- when i open a link in a new tab switch to it immediately
Does it work if you middle-click the link?
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
i have these selected but it still doesn't work
Did you tried in safemode?
yes i just did it on safe mode and it still happens
Make use of this Addon
Thank you so much, i downloaded the add-on but i had to actually fix the options on the add-on because it was set on level 0 (to do nothing) so i had to set it to level 3. again thank you so much for taking your time to help me with my problem :)