clear recent history tool is not working
the clear recent history button does not work when clicked on
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Try switching to another persona. In order to switch to another persona that you had previously installed, do the following:
- Go to Tools and click Add-ons (or click the Firefox button at the top left and click Add-ons).
- Switch to the Appearance tab. You should find your previously used personas in the list.
- Find the one you want to use and click the Enable button.
To uninstall the other ones you can click the Remove button on them and they'll be uninstalled instantly.
see for more information : Locked or damaged places.sqlite
I fixed this by moving from FF17 to 18. Nothing else seemed to work. I had to go to the Firefox download site - the automated updater failed too. I think the problem was caused by a failed update.
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing mode.
- Tools > Options > Privacy: Use custom settings for history
- Deselect: [ ] "Always use private browsing mode"
I also recently had this problem. I discovered that the issue was related to computer issues corrupting my most recent update from Firefox. Re-downloading Firefox 19 got rid of the problem.
In the Clear Recent History window, at the top, Make sure Time Range to Clear is set to Everything. After the update it must have set it to Last Hour Only automatically.