Remove websites from the address bar suggestions
When you start typing into the address bar, Firefox displays a drop-down list of suggested sites. This article describes how to clear single items or all items from the address bar history.
Table of Contents
Clearing a single item from the address bar history
- To clear a single item in the address bar history, click the drop-down arrow in the address bar.
- Press the ↓ down arrow key or move the mouse, to highlight the entry to delete.
- To clear the highlighted item, hold down the Shift key and press Delete on your keyboard.To clear the highlighted item, hold down the Shift key and press Delete on your keyboard.
Clearing all items for a single site
- Click the Library button , click and then click the Show All History bar at the bottom to open the Library window.Click the menu button , click and then click the Show All History bar at the bottom to open the Library window.
- At the top right corner, type the name of the website you wish to forget in the Search History field, and press EnterReturn.
- Right-clickHold down the control key while you click
on the site you wish to forget in the resulting list and select .
- Close the Library window.
Clearing all items in the address bar history
Note: If you see items with a star, those are bookmarks and not part of your browsing history. This is part of the Firefox address bar autocomplete feature. If you don't want bookmarks to appear in the address bar, see Changing your address bar settings.
- Click on the menu button , click and then click .
- Click to open the dialog window.
- In the Clear Recent History window, set Time range to clear: to Everything.
- Click on the arrow button next to Details to expand a list of items to clear. Make sure Browsing & Download History has a check mark next to it.
- Tip: Be sure to remove the check mark next to any other items that you do not want to be cleared. See Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox for more information.
- To clear all items in the address bar history, press .