When you start typing into the address bar, Firefox displays a drop-down list of suggested sites. This article describes how to clear single items or all items from the address bar history.
Table of Contents
Clearing a single item from the address bar history
- To clear a single item in the address bar history, click the drop-down arrow in the address bar.type or paste enough text for Firefox to show the item in the drop-down.
- Press the ↓ down arrow key or move the mouse, to highlight the browsing or Search history entry to delete.
- To clear the highlighted item, hold down the Shift key and press Delete on your keyboard.
Clearing all items for a single site
- Click the Library button on your toolbar. (If you don't see it there, click the menu button then click .) Click and then click the Show All History bar at the bottom to open the Library window.
- At the top right corner, type the name of the website you wish to forget in the Search History field, and press EnterReturn.
- Right-clickHold down the control key while you click
on the site you wish to forget in the resulting list and select .
- Close the Library window.
Clearing all items in the address bar history
- Click on the menu button , click and then click .
- Click to open the dialog window.
- In the Clear Recent History window, set Time range to clear: to Everything.
- To remove browsing history, make sure Browsing & Download History has a check mark next to it. To remove Search history, check the box next to Form & Search History.
- Tip: Be sure to remove the check mark next to any other items that you do not want to be cleared. See Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox for more information.
- To clear all items in the address bar history, click .