Clear recent searches from the Search bar
The Search Bar is located to the right of the Location Bar.
Over time, the Search bar history in Firefox can grow quite large. If needed, you can clear items from the Search bar history. This article explains how to do that.
- If you want to clear the Location Bar instead of the Search Bar, see Remove websites from the Awesome Bar suggestions.
- If you want to clear search terms on websites, see Control whether Firefox automatically fills in forms.
Clearing all search items
To clear all items, right-clickhold down the Ctrl key while you click on the input field of the Search bar, and select . Your Search bar history is cleared.
is grayed out, that means there are no items in your search history to clear.
To clear all items:
- Click on the menu button to the right of the navigation bar to open the menu panel.
- On the menu panel, click on
- Click on
- In the dialog box that opens, choose
- Click the button to finish.
Clearing individual search items
To clear individual items from the Search bar history, click on the Search bar input field. Press the ↓ and ↑ keys to scroll the list of items. To delete the highlighted item, press Shift+Delete.