I have a problem with using the address bar to search.
Hi.when i type something in address bar and i hit enter , it must go to google and search for it. but instead of that , it asks to download "search" ! it happen for the search bar at the top right of the firefox too ! and sometimes it happens in the google page ! (when i type and click on the magnifier it just request for downloading "search" ) and "search" has an unknown size ! i have a big problem when i want to search for something. please help.
download request picture :
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.10.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Enables the interaction of Mathematica content with the latest installed version of Mathematica.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 220.127.116.1112
- Nitro PDF plugin for Firefox and Chrome
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1686
- Raidcall plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- DivX Plus Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- WinZip Courier Plugin for Mozilla Firefox
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
This can happen if you have an ad-blocking extension or (security) software that is modifying the HTTP headers and removes GET data (?xxx=xxx) appended to a link to request a specific (ad) file from a server.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
I tried all of them. nothing changed.
Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
I have Kaspersky internet security 2013 on my PC. I think its enough for scanning. should i scan with other things?
please someone help.