How do I open a new tab to a blank page, instead of home page?
Currently when I open a new tab, it opens to my home page. I would like a new tab to open to a blank page instead, is there any way to have this happen? I am currently running beta version of Firefox 18.0 on Windows 7
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- DivX Plus Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Type about:config into your address bar, press Enter. Accept the warning. Search for browser.newtab.url, right click it, and modify it to have the URL you want.
doesn't work. I changed the value from about:newtab to about:blank and when I open a new tab it still opens up my home page. Am I changing the wrong item? Thanks.
See also this article about the New Tab page (about:newtab):
How are you opening as new tab? Are you clicking the plus button on the tab bar?
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Modified by cor-el
If you are having trouble still, Reset Firefox, Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings, then try to edit the new tab again.
Thank you, Tylerdowner. A reset was all it took. Now I get the blank page I wanted. Thanks again.