Recently auto-upgraded to v17.0.1 on W7-64; but the search saved passwords function always returns nothing -- they are there, since autocomplete works
I always used to be able to search and retrieve password -- but the UI has changed recently and whatever I search for nothing is returned; but for many sites it still auto fills in my name/password so they are there. I've tried searching for anyone else having this problem but can't find anything -- can't believe I'm alone though...
Do I just down grade -- or is there anything else I can do to get functionality back?
You're welcomeRead this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Google Update
- Picasa plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Citrix Receiver Plugin (Win32)
- Nitro PDF Plug-in for Firefox and Chrome
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Did you look here?
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Security: Passwords: "Saved Passwords" > "Show Passwords"
- Press the F10 key or tap the Alt key to bring up the "Menu Bar" temporarily if the menu bar is hidden.
- Use "Firefox > Options" instead of "Tools > Options" if the menu bar is hidden.
Yes -- that's exactly where I'm looking -- I get the pop up window but what ever I enter there as a search term, it can't find anything. I know it's got saved passwords (including the password for this site which it just autofilled for me). :-(
Image attached of what happens.
You can check for problems with the localstore.rdf file.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Bingo! Removed the localstore.rdf file and all fine now :-) Very many thanks!