I'm getting lots of adware on my firefox browser on my laptop only. How can I get rid of this? It's not happening on IE9.
I'm getting ad-ware on internet sites, including my own site when using the firefox browser. It's not happening on IE9. I've ran Norton Security and has found no viruses on my computer. How do I fix this?
Thank you!!! Resetting Firefox did the trick. I hope it got rid of it doesn't pop up again.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1249
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Scan for Malware
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try some of the following programs to scan for malware:
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Microsoft Security Essentials (A good permanent anti-virus if you don't already have one)
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Thank you!!! Resetting Firefox did the trick. I hope it got rid of it doesn't pop up again.