Studies try out different features and ideas before they are released to all Firefox users. Using your feedback, we can make more informed decisions based on what you actually need.
Table of Contents
How do I participate?
The first step is confirming that the Allow Firefox to install and run studies is checked (see instructions below). When a study is available, you will automatically be enrolled if you meet the criteria. There will be occasions where we might prompt you for participation first. This will happen when a particular study needs to collect data that is not covered by default data collection policy. In these situations you'll see a complete disclosure of the data being collected in the study before you make the decision to participate.
When the study ends, Studies will be disabled but you will be able to see it so you have a record of what studies you've participated in.
How do I see the studies I'm in?
To see the studies you're participating in, type about:studies into your address bar.
You'll also see studies you've participated in the past.
How do I opt out?
To opt out of a specific study
- Type about:studies into your address bar to see a list of your studies.
- Click the button next to the study you want to opt out of.
To opt out of all studies
- In the Menu bar at the top of the screen, click and then select or , depending on your macOS version.Click the menu button and select .
- Select the panel.
- Go down to the Firefox Data Collection and Use section.
- Remove the check mark next to Allow Firefox to install and run studies.