By default, Firefox updates automatically. You can always check for updates at any time, in which case an update is downloaded, but it is not installed until you restart Firefox.
- Click the menu button at the right side of the Firefox toolbar, go to , and select .In the menu bar, open the The menu and choose .About Mozilla FirefoxAbout Firefox window will open.
- Firefox will check for updates automatically. If an update is available, it will be downloaded.
- When the download is complete, click
If you're having problems updating Firefox, download the Firefox installer, then close Firefox and run the installer.
Configure how Firefox installs updates
- In the Menu bar at the top of the screen, click and select .Click the menu button and select .
- In the panel, go to the Firefox Updates section.