How to prevent the change of Home page everytime I start Firefox? Claro search starts everytime I start firefox even when I change the default Home page
This link becomes my homepage whenever I launch firefox. Even if I change the homepage to one of my bookmarks, on restart it is automatically changed to the above link.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- WordCaptureX component for single click dictionary
- LabVIEW 2011 Netscape Plug-in for Win32
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- LabVIEW 9.0 Netscape Plug-in for Win32
- Bing Bar
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- LabVIEW 8.6 Netscape Plug-in for Win32
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
if your manual changes don't 'stick' after a restart of the browser, please look out for any suspicious extensions (like 3rd-party-toolbars or things you have not installed intentionally) presently installed under firefox/tools > addons > extensions or the programs section of the windows control panel and remove those entries.
afterwards install the search reset addon, it will revert the most common settings that got modified by adware back to the default ones: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/searchreset/
in case this doesn't solve the issue please try this: go to firefox > help > troubleshooting information > profile folder - "show folder", then a new window will open up. in this window look out for a file named user.js (it might be used to overwrite your custom settings). in case it is present , delete or rename this file and restart firefox afterwards.
- [/questions/934685] Firefox Homepage Hijacked by Claro-Search
- [/questions/933520] Whenever I click on plus tab on firefox browser, Isearch.claro page opens up.
- [/questions/934390] How do i get rid of Claro-Search taking over NEW TAB function?