Recently - every time I open one page with Firefox - all the pages that are minimized open with it? This never happened before and is VERY annoying? Can I fix
If I have multiple windows open but minimized THEY ALL open each time I bring up either a NEW window, or one of the minimized ones? This is new - and terrible as it increase research time by 50% of more!
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Just a week or two ago - maybe a bit longer
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2066
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- DYMO Label Framework Plugin
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 220.127.116.11
- Logitech Device Detection
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- HP Active Check Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1680
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
I have no idea how to cure this.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
What the heck is "Safe Mode" how do I find it. What is the danger if I do this?
You can use one of these to start Firefox in Safe mode:
- On Windows, hold down the Shift key while starting Firefox with a double-click on the Firefox desktop shortcut
- On Mac, hold down the Options key while starting Firefox
- Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled