ttps://accounts.google.com/CookieMismatch - I have followed the help guide but this still appears when I try to access my home page - any ideas?
When I logged in yesterday instead of my usual homepage I had an error message:
the page isn't redirecting properly Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies
Additional System Details
- Nielsen FirefoxTracker Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1997
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Ipsos communication pipe plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- My Scrap Nook Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.523
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
It sounds as though you might have tried tried these, but just in case: When you have a problem with one particular site, a good "first thing to try" is clearing your Firefox cache and deleting your saved cookies for the site.
(1) Bypass Firefox's Cache
Use Ctrl+Shift+r to reload the page fresh from the server.
(You also can clear Firefox's cache completely using:
orange Firefox button or Tools menu > Options > Advanced
On the Network mini-tab > Cached Web Content : "Clear Now")
(2) Remove your google.com cookies (save any pending work first) using either of these:
- While viewing a page on the site, right-click and choose View Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"
- Alt+t (open the classic Tools menu) > Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"
Then try reloading the page. Does that help?
Two other recent threads on this error on Gmail or Google login: