Sometimes, add-ons can break your settings. This article explains how to troubleshoot issues related to add-ons in Firefox.
Table of Contents
How do I know if my problem is related to add-ons?
Here are a few examples of add-ons affecting or breaking Firefox:
- Your default search has changed unexpectedly.
- Your home page or browser settings have changed.
- Changes in behavior when searching or browsing (such as unexpected redirects to a different website or search provider).
- Unexpected changes on web pages.
How can I fix this problem?
As a first step, you could restart Firefox with add-ons disabled (see Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to learn how). If the issue goes away, see if you can figure out which add-on is causing the problem and either disable or remove the add-on. If you need more help, you can file a question in our support forum to find out more about the issue you're experiencing.
If you're reporting this issue for the first time in the forumsWhen you create a new question, go to the "Troubleshooting Information" section of the Ask a Question form and click the button.
- Click the Firefox menu button
and select .
- The Troubleshooting Information page with the address about:support will open in a new tab.
- Click .
- Go back to the Ask a Question form and paste the data into the text field under the Troubleshooting Information section.
- Complete the form and post your question.
If you have already filed a question on the forum
- Go to your support question, which is accessible from your Mozilla Support user profile page.
- Click on the right sidebar.
- Follow the steps in the previous section for using the button.
How do I avoid this problem?
To make sure that you use add-ons that are safe, install extensions from the Recommended Extensions program. These extensions are thoroughly evaluated by the team for saftey before they receive the Recommended status.