Norton Toolbar with Identity Safe is incompatible with Firefox 10.0. It is disabled and cannot be enablesd. What to do?
I have updated Firefox to v. 10.0. Since then, my Norton toolbar is disabled. I relay on Norton's Identity Safe to browse the web and protect my passwords. Now, unless I can get this to work again, I will stop using Firefox and go back to "the other browser." I have updated Norton several times. I spent 3 hours with Norton support a couple of days ago only to find out that there was no fix for Firefox 10.0. This will have to be fixed via Firefox, unless there is a solution that we are not aware of. Do you know of any?
Modified by RDoc
The Norton update for Firefox 10.0 was only released 3 or 4 hours ago.Read this answer in context 7
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Google Update
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1999
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Unity Player 3.3.0f4
- Office Live Update v1.5
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0
The Norton update for Firefox 10.0 was only released 3 or 4 hours ago.
Thank you for the reply. I had the very same issue with the previous update, and it took quite a long time with Norton Tech Support to arrive at a solution. So, I was concerned after the same thing happened again with this latest Mozilla Firefox update. ... After talking with Norton today, they DID confirm that they are working on a patch for this issue to be released via automatic updates within a couple of days. So, I will be patient for a couple of days to see if the update will solve the problem. BTW - I have the latest version of Norton Security already.