Flat Buttons on the Firefox
When i play certain Text based games using Firefox 7 , I see that all clickable buttons in that game are flattened , eg .. the button is like ""Try again"" "Do now" ""Attack"" "Run" "Do Crime"" all these clickable icons are as flat as the whole page . But when i use my Friend PC , he is using old firefox like 3.6 , there i saw all these clickable buttons or icons are distinctly elevated ones . So i totally have no idea how can i play my games with these old style elevated clickable link . Is it something to do with about:config or what ? Do think about my problem here . Thank you so much for the help.
PS...I added 2 links for the icons i mentioned to make you all see clearly.
1.This is the flat button that i dont like. http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/5690/flatbutton.jpg
2.This is the elevated button that i want to use. http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2159/elevated.jpg
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Google Update
- Version 18.104.22.16858
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.14
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
Can someone sort it out this problem please?
upgrade your browser to Firefox 8 and check
I' m afraid some of my add-ons cant be compatible with Firefox 8.
even with Firefox 7 , there are some add-ons still not compatible.
can you tell me which addon do you use?
1.Adobe Acrobat x 2.Java console 6.0.29 (if that is not necessary , how can i remove it ?)
both are compatible with Firefox 8,
i installed firefox 8 but my above problem is the same.
Make sure that you allow pages to choose their colors and that you haven't enabled High Contrast in the Accessibility settings.
- Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors > Colors : [X] "Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above"
cor-el ! I have checked that color ..and yes it allowed pages to choose their own colors .
1 clue i observed after reading ur links , i changed View -->Page Style ---> No style and yes these buttons turn as elevated ones but i cant use ""No style "" only for the sake of Elevated button coz page is too ugly..:P
2nd clue i found out is .... it is nothing to do with Windows 7 or XP (already tested) Flat buttons has changed since Firefox 4. (Elevated buttons on old firefox)
3rd clue is ....when i refresh that page which contains these buttons , i just quickly saw Elevated Buttons (in the middle of page loading) But once page loading has complete , it turns to Flat buttons.
I will be so much impressed with the one who can find out this problem.
2 printscreen of the buttons
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.