Yahoo keeps coming up as main search engine when I want Google--why?
I downloaded a program, You Tube Download, which asked me during the download to make Yahoo my preferred search engine or homepage, and I removed the check from the box. Now, instead of Google which I prefer, Yahoo comes up as the main=first search engine and I must change it whenever I open Firefox. I have tried removing Yahoo from the list, but it pops back up when I restart Firefox. How do I get this to stop happening?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I downloaded a new program, YouTube Download
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.3.1
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.