This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I have F.8 on both desktop and laptop, works perfectly on laptop, but have problems with not being able to open some banking login screens on desktop. Have allowed popups for these sites.
Also when closed using the "X" button, cannot re-open until app is closed in Task Manager. OK if closed using File-Exit. However, a second icon is placed in Taslbar.
Disabled CacheViewer Continued and this seems to have solved all problems.Read this answer in context 👍 0
All Replies (3)
Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache.
- Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Cmd + Shift + R" (MAC)
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
Thanks for the reply. The main problem seems to be that firefox.exe does not close, which does not allow it to restart. Have disabled hardware acceleration. All other options are the same as on the laptop.
Disabled CacheViewer Continued and this seems to have solved all problems.