Table of Contents
What is Firefox View?
Firefox View helps you get back to content you’ve previously discovered. A tidy pinned tab allows you to find and open recently closed tabs on your current device, access tabs from other devices (via our Tab pickup feature), and change the look of the browser with Colorways.
What should I use it for?
With Firefox View you’re empowered to put down and pick up tasks across your devices. Grab that article you were reading on your phone over on your desktop or find that page you closed a few minutes ago but you want to see again.
How do I set it up?
Firefox View is already useful out of the box without any setup, but you can do more.
Step 1: Create or sign in to a Firefox account
To get the best experience, sign in to or create a Firefox account to sync Firefox across your devices. An account unlocks access to your open tabs and other synced data across your devices.
- Click the Firefox icon at the left side of the tabs bar to open the Firefox View panel. Firefox View can also be accessed via the Tools menu in the Firefox menu bar.
- Follow the prompts in the Tab pickup section to log in to your Firefox account (or to create one if you don't have it already).
- After logging in, go back to the Firefox View panel.
Step 2: Install Firefox mobile
In order to access the tabs that are open on your mobile device from your laptop or desktop, you need to use Firefox on your phone and be signed in to your Firefox account on both devices.
- If you do not already have Firefox on another device logged into your account, you will see a suggestion to synchronize your cell phone or tablet. Click Android or iOS. to install Firefox on your mobile device by scanning a QR code. You can also install it by following the steps for
Once you have installed Firefox mobile, you are ready to sign in to your account there to sync devices.
Step 3: Enable tab syncing on Firefox mobile
This is the final step in completing the Firefox View setup. Once your account is set up and you’ve installed the mobile app, you can sync your devices. After this process is completed, go back to the Firefox View panel where you will see your synced tabs.
- On Firefox desktop:
Click your Firefox account email or display name (you might need to sign in first).
- Enable Sync on Firefox mobile:
Tap the menu button at the bottom of the screen (the menu will be at the top right if you're using an iPad):
Tap the menu button.
- Tap in the menu panel. Tap .
- Tap .
- Tap and capture the QR code to sign in to your Firefox account and start syncing your data.
Once Sync is enabled, the most recent tabs and closed pages from your other devices will show under Tab pickup and Recently closed. Click the X next to a recently closed page to remove it from the list of Recently closed items.
How do I remove Firefox View from the tabs bar?
To remove the Firefox View pinned tab from your tabs bar:
- Right-clickHold down the control key while you click the Firefox View icon.
- Select . (You can also choose .)
To bring it back:
- Right-clickHold down the control key while you click the tabs bar or toolbar.
- Drag the Firefox View icon to wherever you like in the tabs bar or toolbar.
To learn more about how to customize your toolbar, see the Customize Firefox controls, buttons and toolbars article.