How do I get rid of Coupons Browser update?
How do I get rid of the Coupons Browser pop-up? It's annoying.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
about 1 month ago
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_25 for Mozilla browsers
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
I fixed the problem I think, somehow some browser toolbar loaded to my ff and I uninstall it. Than this pop-up gone.
I have the same problem. I first encountered the pop up 2/22/2012 while visiting coupons.com. I updated to Firefox 10.0.2 plus all add-ons. I am still searching for the source of the problem. If disable add-ons, and restart it does not occur.
I have just a few add-ons , which are the basics.
Modified by kenc1
disable startnow toolbar
It is in Tools>Add Ons>Extensions
There is an extension called Start Now Toolbar.....just remove it.
After investigating, the pop up seems to be coming from www.dropinsavings.com.
To opt-out go to http://www.dropinsavings.com/optout.php.
Their site also gives you instruction to uninstall the add-on. Check out the picture I uploaded.
Modified by giancarlosp7
You have to kill it in two places. FF must be generating revenue from this.
1) Click on the Plug Ins tab.
Disable both "Coupon Inc" addons. For some reason I had two.
2) Click on the Extensions tab
Disable the "Start Now toolbar"
What a pain.