Why does my home page keep changing the search engine from Google back to ASK ?
I set my home page to goggle and goggle was my search engine but when I turned off my computer it went back to this Ask search engine and goggle was no longer my home page? I followed your home page set up directions and every thing was fine till I turned off the computer.
Modified by cor-el
Additional System Details
Not sure how often
This started when...
As explainwed above!
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
You can open the about:config page via the location bar and do a search for ask via the Filter at the top of the about:config page.
You can reset all ask related prefs that appear bold (user set) via the right-click context menu to their default values.