Adobe Flash update
I just got notification that I need a new update for Adobe Flash. I followed the instructions, then after the installation I get an error message-
'This program does not have a program associated with it for performing this action or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.'
I would forget about that default link. That will result in all kinds of junk being dumped into the computer. Use the link that leads directly to the plugin installer:Read this answer in context 4
Additional System Details
This started when...
I tried to install a required Adobe Flash update to read a page
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Winamp Application Detector
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_27 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.2
I tried this several times. I am an advanced computer user. I have had no problem in the past. Unable to sign in to Adobe but apparently others are having similar problems with no response.
I would forget about that default link. That will result in all kinds of junk being dumped into the computer. Use the link that leads directly to the plugin installer: