Where Does Firefox Store Cookies
Was wondering what folder Firefox stores cookies. Same place as Internet Explorer?
No. Cookies are saved in the cookies.sqlite file in your Profile folder.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- WeatherBlink Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:6.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0
No. Cookies are saved in the cookies.sqlite file in your Profile folder.
Ok I got that. But, I have a 3rd party disk cleaning software. I instructed it to clean Firefox. I just cleaned but when I opened Firefox after the clean my configuration was gone. Everything was there but I had to show the Menu Bar, Navigation Toolbar, Bookmarks Toolbar again. Also my home button and and refresh button had moved back to their default positions. Apparently there's something in this profile folder I shouldn't have deleting. Any way to prevent this and keep my layout?
First off, not a good idea to allow an external program to be cleaning up Firefox files, that is just asking for problems like you are having.
Specifically, the localstore.rdf file is where UI component location prefs are stored.
Thanks. I'll uncheck Firefox from the cleaning procedure.