Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

Can't send out messages in new Thunderbird version

Janet Smith

Since Thunderbird updated me to the latest a few days ago Sept. 2024 I can't send messages out on Thunderbird - only if I sign in online via Google Mail. But I don't like the complicated setup online. How soon can the new Thunderbird mail system work! I've used it for years and its so easy! I get messages when I try to sign in [required to sign in via Google] that Thunderbird is malformed [or some such term]

Since Thunderbird updated me to the latest a few days ago Sept. 2024 I can't send messages out on Thunderbird - only if I sign in online via Google Mail. But I don't like the complicated setup online. How soon can the new Thunderbird mail system work! I've used it for years and its so easy! I get messages when I try to sign in [required to sign in via Google] that Thunderbird is malformed [or some such term]

All Replies (1)

Perhaps if you provide the error message verbatim someone call make some sense of it. Perhaps post a screen capture of the actual error message if you can't remember it.