How do I get the old Firefox Back
I have spent an hour of my work day trying to fix what you broke!!!!! I don't have time for this crap!!!!
- I am not a programmer. I don't want to have to manually change code.
- I want to run my business. Not fiddle with changed browser settings
Appearances didn't need to change. Where are the Tab borders. Tabs were contrasted against the menu bar. There were 3 dots in the address bar for a pull down that included Screenshots and Print Preview. ALL THIS IS GONE!!!!!!! WHY????? Fix it or do I need to find another browser?
I would add a screen shot but I CAN'T you took that ways too!!!!
All Replies (2)
As of Firefox 89, the meatball/three-dot/ "Page actions" menu was removed from the URL bar and the options were moved to either tab context menu or the page context menu. Here is how you can find alternative ways to access the various options from the old page action:
- Bookmark Current Tab: You can click the "star" icon to save the page as bookmark. Alternatively, you can right-click on the tab and choose Bookmark Tab.
- Save Page to Pocket: If the Save to Pocket button is missing from the toolbar, you can add it from the Customize Toolbar tab. See Customize Firefox controls, buttons and toolbars.
- Pin Tab: Right-click on the tab and choose Pin Tab.
- Copy Link: Click on the URL bar and press (Ctrl+C) for Windows and Linux or (command+C) for Mac. Alternatively, you can highlight the URL, then right-click on it and select "Copy" from the context menu.
- Email Link: You can add the Email Link button to the Toolbar from the Customize Toolbar tab.
- Take Screenshot: Right click on the empty part of a page and choose Take Screenshot. More about that: Take screenshots on Firefox.
- Send Tab to Device: Right-click on the tab and choose Send Tab to Device.
- Share: Right click on the tab and choose Share.
Hi American Gun Works, the new Proton UI design might be tweaked a bit in the July and August releases, but I am not expecting any drastic changes. Regarding these two questions:
(1) Where are the Tab borders. Tabs were contrasted against the menu bar.
I can give you a quick short-term workaround, but a more durable solution will require more work.
For testing purposes, there is a preference to switch the tab bar and address bar between new style and old style. This is not expected to continue in Firefox 90, but maybe you want to use it for now.
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.
(2) In the search box in the page, type or paste browser.proton.enabled and pause while the list is filtered
(3) Double-click the preference to switch between true (new style) and false (old style)
Longer Term Community Workaround
This involves setting up a userChrome.css file. I have a rules builder that will get more features throughout the month. By the time the above preference is removed, it should be mature. If you want to take a sneak peek now:
When you eventually get around to it, it should take about 10 minutes to set up.
(2) There were 3 dots in the address bar for a pull down that included Screenshots and Print Preview.
You have the new info in the first reply. However, I don't recall Print Preview ever being on that menu. If you want to preview, you can call up the preview/setup overlay using Print -- either the main menu item or Ctrl+P.