plugin container won't launch
My plugin container started occasionally failing early in September. It would launch and display Flash content, but it would fail when switching to a game or content in another page or tab. I could fix the new tab by using the Task Manager to End Task on the plugin container. It would re-launch, and with it the flash content would appear. It got worse and worse until now it will not even launch at all. I have completely uninstalled and re-installed Flash (enabling Flash with each re-install), refreshed Firefox, AND completely uninstalled and re-installed Firefox several times....nothing works
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.140 Safari/537.36 Edge/17.17134
Try The Refresh feature (called "Reset" in older Firefox versions) can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your bookmarks, history, passwords, cookies, and other essential information.
Note: When you use this feature, you will lose any extensions, toolbar customizations, and some preferences. See the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article for more information.
To Refresh Firefox:
- Open the Troubleshooting Information page using one of these methods:
- Click the menu button , click help and select Troubleshooting Information. A new tab containing your troubleshooting information should open.
- If you're unable to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- At the top right corner of the page, you should see a button that says "Refresh Firefox" ("Reset Firefox" in older Firefox versions). Click on it.
- Firefox will close. After the refresh process is completed, Firefox will show a window with the information that is imported.
- Click Finish and Firefox will reopen.
I've tried reset, AND uninstall/reinstall, AND uninstall/reinstall of Flash. This is not my first rodeo. I've had 25 years of experience with troubleshooting computer issues. There HAS to be a programing issue SOMEWHERE with this. There were NO new updates, programs or downloads within the few days when this started.
My plugin container started occasionally failing early in September. I have completely uninstalled and re-installed Flash (enabling Flash with each re-install), refreshed Firefox, AND completely uninstalled and re-installed Firefox several times....nothing works
But you never deleted the Mozilla folder.
I did. I searched my computer for EVERY file that contained the word mozilla. I was not able to delete C:\WinSxS\amd64_netfx-aspnet_regbrows...(rest hidden--won't copy & paste). It said I needed permission from TrustedInstaller (Administrative permission did not do it).