This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
What we can do with old plugins at firefox 57?
I have some majors for me addons i use a lot at any version of firefox and as i read with firefox 57 all these stop working.
Some of them are:
01. Adblock plus -> "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/?src=ss"
02. Classic theme restorer -> "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/?src=search"
03. Copy links -> "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/copy-links/?src=ss"
04. Password exporter -> "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/password-exporter/?src=ss"
05. Tab mix plus -> "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tab-mix-plus/?src=ss"
06. Saved password editor -> "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/saved-password-editor/?src=ss"
07. Mozilla archive format -> "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/mozilla-archive-format/?src=ss"
08. Download manager s3 -> "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/s3download-statusbar/?src=ss"
09. Youtube mp3 podcast -> "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-mp3-podcaster/?src=ss"
10. Youtube converter -> "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-convert2mp3-net/?src=ss"
what can i do so all of these work at firefox 57 to?
Modified by Gregory
All Replies (7)
The extension has to be updated to work as a Web Extension by the extension developer or a different one installed that performs the same or similar task. For example, instead of AdBlock Plus, use UBlock Origin which is a Web Extension now https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/?src=ss
Modified by MarkRH
I know the ublock and i don't like it. The user interface of ublock is not that practical as it was the adblock plus user interface.
I prefer uBlock after I quit using Adblock some time ago. Anyway, gotta wait for Adblock Plus to make a Web Extension version then. You might try the lastest beta version of Adblock Plus: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/versions/beta
Do you believe all the others addons supported for firefox 57?
Classic Theme Restorer is not possible in Firefox 57+ because extensions can't change the user interface very extensively. Depending on what style changes you like, you may be able to accomplish the same changes with custom style rules.
For the others, could you check this document to see whether it helps with some of them:
Note that you can double-click name and password fields in the Password Manager to edit these fields. You can also use the right-click context menu. You only can't edit the other fields.
In Firefox 57, The WebExtensions API enables addons to be more secure and better performance with your browser. Unfortunately not all of them were updated. To check if yours were see areweextensionsyet.com. We did create a feature to help you find a replacement for your favorite addon Read more here
To find replacements for your legacy add-on:
- Go to ‘about:addons,’ click on ‘Legacy Extensions,’ and
- Click the button for ‘Find a Replacement’.
If a replacement doesn’t exist or isn’t helpful, please use this utility to find recommended alternatives. If you don’t find a suitable replacement, please head over to the addons forum for help. We expect legacy add-ons to continue migrating even after Firefox 57.
There’s also a community-sourced list of alternatives on Google Docs