Firefox disabling addons when told NOT to
I have told firefox to NOT disable unsigned addons (xpinstall.signatures.required FALSE) but it is doing it anyway. I want this NON feature turned OFF on my comps.
Additional System Details
- Version 220.127.116.11
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.111.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- PDF-XChange Viewer Netscape Gecko Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 26.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
Starting with Firefox version 48, the add-on signing requirement will be enforced with no override in Release and Beta versions of Firefox. See the MozillaWiki article; https://wiki.mozilla.org/Add-ons/Extension_Signing for more information.
This will disable add-on signature enforcement; Firefox ESR version only. Enter about:config into your Firefox address bar Click the I'll be careful button Find xpinstall.signatures.required in the list Right click the preference Select Toggle until the value is false https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/add-on-signing-in-firefox
You can install the Firefox ESR 52 version which will get security updates into early 2018, to get "more time" using Firefox.