How do you add a hyperlink to text you're typing on a genealogy webpage?
I am typing text on a genealogy web page and I want to add a hyperlink but can't find any way to do it from the choices on the Mozilla Firefox toolbar. I have seen other people create links in their text, but maybe they're using a different web browser.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- Google Update
- DigitalPersona Logins support
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.31.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Shockwave Flash 22.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
What happens if you copy/paste the link into the text you're typing? Does the site make it clickable or is it just text after you post?
Also, your Firefox identified itself to the forum as version 40. An update is available: this article describes how to get Firefox 48.0 using the "About Firefox" dialog on the help menu: Update Firefox to the latest release.
If something is holding you back from upgrading to Firefox 48, please let us know so we can suggest solutions or workarounds. Version 40 is not secure; Mozilla discloses security flaws after each new release.
Sometimes Firefox reports the wrong version because that information was saved in a preferences file. If the "About Firefox" dialog (see first article link) shows Firefox 48.0, you may need to clear out that incorrect information. See: How to reset the default user agent on Firefox.
It's just text after I post.
Some sites, like Mozilla, change an entered link into a clickable link. Others, however, must enter a special code for the site to know it's a link.
Does the (unnamed) site have an FAQ or discussion forum where you might find information about how it is supposed to work in Firefox?