Can't pin icon to taskbar
I have re-downloaded and installed latest FireFox and I get an icon on desktop but I have been unable to pin it to the taskbar. Selected that option in the install, tried dragging it to the taskbar, tried to copy it to the taskbar, but still have no success.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 220.127.116.11 BETA
- Google Update
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- A component of your photo software powered by RocketLife
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0
While the program is running, right click the icon, select "pin"
When I right click and the menu pops up there is no option to pin. I am using Windows 7.
That is odd. Open the Window menu. In the search bar, enter Firefox. A list should come up. Right click Mozilla Firefox and select Pin To Taskbar.
Followed your instructions and selected Pin to Taskbar. Nothing happened. Restarted the computer and icon did not show up on taskbar. Went through the instructions again, but this time the option was UNPIN from taskbar. What's happening?? Everything works fine on the laptop, but not the desktop computer. Window 7 on both computers. Other suggestions?
The instructions I gave you should have worked.
Do you keep the computer updated?
Perform a System File Check to fix corrupted system files Win 7, 8, Vista: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833