How do I enter a user name and Password? Every time I try I am told to enter a correct user name and Password.
I have verified my account but do not seem able to sign in.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.11
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0
Please provide more details about the problem. What website are you trying to log into?
Although I can't say for certain, I suspect that the problem is with the website you are trying to log into rather than Firefox. If so, you'll need to contact the site owners to resolve this problem.
This issue can be caused by corrupted cookies or cookies that are blocked.
- check the permissions on the about:permissions page and in "Tools > Page Info > Permissions"
Clear the cache and remove cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
Go to the sign-in page, and use the Forgot My Password / User Name