Pop up window asking if I want the password remembered won't pop up why I'm not in private browsing and the site is not on the exception list please help
I can not get the firefox window to ask me if I want my password remembered. I am not in private browsing. The site is not on the exception list in the security box where all the other passwords sites are stored.
hello, websites can specify if browsers should be able to save username/passwords (through the autocomplete="off" attribute in the login form in the html source code) - this is often the case when a higher level of security is presumably required by those sites.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.06
- Google Update
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- Version 184.108.40.20610
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
Did you see these help articles?
hello, websites can specify if browsers should be able to save username/passwords (through the autocomplete="off" attribute in the login form in the html source code) - this is often the case when a higher level of security is presumably required by those sites.
If disabling autocomplete=off doesn't help then start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window.
Thank you for your help. The Bookmark method worked for me, I should have thought of that. Thank you so much!