Address bar showing icons but no text suggestions appear
When I type anything into the Firefox address/awesome bar, it lists the suggested websites and only displays the website icons on the left side, but no text displays (cannot determine the suggested website displayed in the dropdown box unless I tab to the website icon). How do I get the text of the website to appear again? Thank you!
You didn't include a list of your extensions, but do you have Delicious Bookmarks? That one has been linked to this problem and there might be a way to fix it. Please see:Read this answer in context 7
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Google Update
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 220.127.116.11
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.05
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.168
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- A component of your photo software powered by RocketLife
- Sling Player Plug-In for Mozilla
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
You didn't include a list of your extensions, but do you have Delicious Bookmarks? That one has been linked to this problem and there might be a way to fix it. Please see:
Thank you, jscher2000! That solved the problem (and yes, I did have Delicious Bookmarks installed). Thanks again!