How do I stop a website that does not finish loading?
The green wheel keeps spinning. I just want to stop it from continuing. Not concerned about not connecting at this time for that site.
Additional System Details
- Conduit Plugin
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.05
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Picasa plugin
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
You can hit the stop button at the end of the awesomebar. If that button is not there, you can reset the toolbar layout.
If you have problems loading pages you should see the Websites show a spinning wheel and never finish loading article.
At the right end of the address bar is an icon that changes between stop ("x"), reload (circle-arrow), and go (if you are typing in the address bar). When the page won't finish, if you see the stop button, you can try clicking that.
In some cases, the page is done loading, but an image or video is not loading. I'm not aware of a specific way to stop Firefox from trying to load those, but sometimes pressing the Esc key might help.
If there's a particular page that has this problem that you would like feedback on, could you post the URL?