firefox 24.0 started crashing after I restarted my computer
I haven't used firefox since the update before this broke everything, I updated a few days ago and found it worked great like it did before on a site that is rather flash heavy. yesterday I restarted my computer and ever since then firefox has resumed hanging to the point of crashing on that site (and several others I use) like it did before.
I've already checked all my add-ons, extensions and theme, I checked to make sure all things that could possibly affect that are up to date, I've read everything I could find on here but they never help for more then a few minutes. I really REALLY like using firefox and hate the idea of having to use chrome again, help please? :(
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.40.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.206
- Star Stable Online 220.127.116.11
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
Hi jscher2000, I have the bug in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=883973 You say that:"(status the evening of 10/2/2013: "The fix for the FF24 crash is so far only posted for the 2014 products. We are working on a patch for 2013, 2012 and the standalone product. They shoudl be available shortly"
So, Could you help me know: whether the fix is indeed being back-ported to a Firefox 24.x ESR release?"
Hi nhduong29, I was referring to a fix posted by Symantec. Please see the link in my post: https://support.mozilla.org/questions/972784?page=1#answer-485725
Hi nhduong29, I don't think this thread has anything to do with bug 883973. Also, that bug is marked as fixed in Firefox 24.