How to make the new tabs to open the same URL as the startup page?
Hello! I was wondering if it's possible to configure the Firefox in such a way that the new tabs open exactly the same URL that is typed in the Options. I tried to set browser.newtab.url to about:home but it gives me Firefox Google custom page instead of the startup page that I've set in the Options. Another way I tried is to set the browser.newtab.url value in about:config to the same URL as the startup page URL, but then if I change the URL in the options the new tab URL is not changed. So the question is whether it's possible to make the Firefox read the URL that is used for the startup page and go there when opening a new tab.
Modified by AskerThe
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
You can use a addon or about:config
- In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter. The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear.
- Click I'll be careful, I promise!, to continue to the about:config page.
- Enter browser.newtab.url, double click the result.
- A new window should now show, enter your homepage url in the box, then hit ok.
- Open a new tab, does it work.
If prefs arent saved you need to read the How to fix preferences that won't save article.