My laptop crashed and i lost my recovery key. All my bookmarks are still showing up on my android samsung galaxy 4. How can I recover my recovery key?
My laptop crashed and i lost my recovery key. All my bookmarks are still showing up on my android samsung galaxy 4. How can I recover my original recovery key? I tried deleting my account and creating a new one as suggested but now I get a sync error saying the recovery keys don't match. Also is there a way to export my bookmarks from my mobile device?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Google Update
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- Version 188.8.131.5231
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
If you have lost your recovery key then unfortunately there is nothing to do, it can be regenerated but that will cause all data in sync to be deleted. You could try syncing your phone, then disconnecting it from sync, create a new sync account and connect your phone to send the data to that account, but there is a potential for the data to be lost there as well. sorry.
Thank you. This worked as described. I was afraid to remove the account from my mobile device because it was the last copy of my bookmarks. I was going to use this as a last resort to enter them all by hand. Thanks to you my problem is solved and all old bookmarks have been restored on my new desktop Firefox with the new updated recovery key.