This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
How do I import bookmarks from another computer on this network?
I have another laptop with Firefox installed. I want to duplicate the bookmarks onto this computer.
All Replies (1)
If you want to completely replace the bookmarks on the destination computer, you can restore a backup file. On the source computer, copy the latest .json file in the bookmarkbackups folder over to the destination computer, then use the restore feature. These articles should help:
- Locate bookmarkbackups in the active profile folder on the source computer: Profiles - Where Firefox stores your bookmarks, passwords and other user data
- Restore the backup file to the destination computer: Restore bookmarks from backup or move them to another computer
But what if you want to keep some of the bookmarks on the destination computer? Before the restore, export the bookmarks to an HTML format file. (Export creates an HTML file, backup creates a JSON file.) Then after restoring the backup from the source computer, import the HTML file and use the Library dialog to slot those extra bookmarks into the correct location. More reading:
- Export Firefox bookmarks to an HTML file to back up or transfer bookmarks
- Import Bookmarks from an HTML file
- Use bookmark folders to organize your bookmarks