This article explains how to add bookmarks to Firefox from a file saved in HTML format.
- To replace your existing bookmarks with a Firefox bookmark backup file in JSON format, see Restoring bookmark backups.
Before proceeding, you should make a backup of your current bookmarks. You can do this by opening the Bookmarks Library window (explained below). From the toolbar in the Library window, click and choose . This will create a Firefox bookmark backup file in JSON format.
Import bookmarks from the Library window
- Click the menu button to open the menu panel. Click
- The Bookmarks Library window will open. From the toolbar in the Library window, click and choose
- Within the Import Bookmarks File window that opens, navigate to the bookmarks HTML file you are importing and select the file.
- Click the button. The Import Bookmarks File window will close.
The bookmarks in the selected HTML file will be added to your Firefox bookmarks within the Bookmarks Menu directory.
Import bookmarks from Firefox Settings
Starting in Firefox version 115, you can import bookmarks from an HTML file by following these steps:
- Click the menu button at the top right.
- Select .
- In the
- Select the
- Select the HTML file you will import your bookmarks from and click .
- All set! The bookmarks in the selected HTML file will be added to your Firefox bookmarks within the Bookmarks Menu directory. Click