Import Bookmarks from an HTML file
This article explains how to import an HTML bookmarks file formatted in the Netscape Bookmarks format.
- To replace your existing bookmarks with a Firefox bookmark backup file in JSON format, see Restoring bookmark backups.
Before proceeding, you should make a backup of your current bookmarks. You can do this by opening the Bookmarks Library window (explained below), then selectingand choosing . This will create a Firefox bookmark backup file in JSON format.
Click the Library button , then click . Scroll to the bottom and click .Click the Bookmarks button and select to open the Library window.
- From the toolbar on the Library window, click
and choose .
- In the Import Bookmarks File window that opens, navigate to the bookmarks HTML file you are importing and select the file.
- Click the button. The Import Bookmarks File window will close.
- Close the Library window.
The bookmarks in the selected HTML file will be added to your Firefox bookmarks within the Bookmarks Menu directory.