I can't uninstall or update flashplayer 10.3 r183 so can't see flash video
I had problems watching flash after updating to glash 11.3. So I read that the problem could be solved by installing flash 10.3. So I downloaded it from adobe ocd installed it and it still didn't work. But now I can't uninstall it. I've downloaded the uninstaller from adobe but after I run it it still says use flash "10.3 r183" in firefox. the same if I try updating to the newest flash. I tried contacting adobe but they didn't know what to do and said there must be a problem in firefox. But uninstalling firefox doasn't help either.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.7
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- Nexus Personal Plug-Ins
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- DivX Plus Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
When I enter a page with flash video the area where the movie should be just turns white and nothing else happens.
You're running an oudated version of Firefox. It contains security vulnerabilities that put your computer at risk. Once you've updated to the latest version, continue with troubleshooting Flash Player below.
- Update Firefox to the latest version
To start off, make sure you can get rid of Flash Player.
1. Download the Flash Player uninstaller and save it somewhere handy, like the desktop.
2. Do the same with the Flash Player installer for Firefox. A few other browsers, like Opera, also rely on this version of Flash Player.
3. Do the same with the Flash Player installer for Internet Explorer. A few other applications, like Media Player Classic Home Cinema, also rely on this version of Flash Player.
4. Exit all applications and restart your computer.
5. Run the uninstaller.
6. In Windows Explorer, open your Firefox profile folder. Do not start Firefox yet.
7. From your Firefox profile folder, delete the pluginreg.dat file.
8. Start Firefox and load the following page. In the "Check if Flash Player is installed" section, you should see a blank box. If you instead see the Flash Player version number, the the uninstallation failed. Open the Add-ons Manager, Plugins category and check if "Shockwave Flash" is still listed.
If uninstallation was successful, you can continue with installing the latest version of Flash Player.
1. Exit all applications.
2. Restart your computer.
3. Run the Flash Player installer for Firefox.
4. Once the previous installer finished and has been closed, run the Flash Player installer for Internet Explorer.
5. Once the previous installer finished and has been closed, start Firefox and load the following page. In the "Check if Flash Player is installed" section, you should the most recent Flash Player version number. If you instead see a blank box, installation may have failed. Open the Add-ons Manager, Plugins section and check if "Shockwave Flash" is listed.
Your system details list doesn't show the Flash Player plugin, so it is likely that you managed to uninstall Flash.
Now you need to install the latest Flash version.
You can find the latest Flash player versions for Firefox on this page.
You can check for problems with current Flash plugin versions and try these in case of problems.
- disable a possible RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension for Firefox and update the RealPlayer if installed
- disable protected mode in the Flash plugin (Flash 11.3+ on Windows Vista and later)
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin