How do I stop automatic loading of the next page as I scroll to the bottom of an internet page that has a number of pages?
When I search with Google, as I scroll to near the bottom of the page, the next page of results automatically loads. I can never get to and use the similar searches, or "Searches related to ***", which are at the bottom of the page, as the next page loads and focuses at the top of that next page. Also, there is a bar with the page number, and a field with a "Jump to" command with a pop down arrow with page numbers, and up and down arrows beside it which go up or down one page if used.
This does not happen with, say, Bing, nor if I use Int Expl (aagh).
I have no autopage type of add-ons, or plugins.. I may have had an add-on at one time. There are a bunch of autopager "strings", or lines, in about:config. How do you remove them, if that is the problem?
How do I stop this from happening? It is extremely annoying.
Modified by sk302
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Bitdefender QuickScan Web Netscape Plugin
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00100226006 plugin for Mozilla
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Office Live Update v1.3
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
hello, can you try to replicate this behaviour when you launch firefox in safe mode once? if not, maybe an addon is interfering here...